Hello Health Seekers! I have a question…what happens when you don’t see results fast enough? You’ve been following a healthy nutrition plan, you’ve been consistent with your workout regimen, but the scale is just not moving as quickly as you would like it to…I implore you to remember that it takes time to see results. Many people and products promise a specific amount of weight loss within a very specific time frame. I cannot comment on what strategies they use, but I can tell you that when it comes to healthy weight loss, the tortoise wins the race! Slow and steady weight loss is always better than rapid weight loss. Give your body time to adjust to your new healthy meal plans and exercise routines, and please try not to focus on the scale. Instead, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Do you feel stronger?
2. Do you have more energy?
3. Do your clothes fit more loosely?
4. Are your cravings for fast food and processed food decreasing?
5. Are you having more bowel movements? – I know this one sounds icky but it is a great sign of good digestive health.
If the answer to all of these questions is a resounding YES, then you are on the right track my friend!
I have a few tips for you to keep in mind if/when you feel discouraged:
1. TALK BACK TO NEGATIVE THOUGHTS – Do not stand in your own way by telling yourself that you can’t do this. Of course you can – and you will!
2. THINK ABOUT WHY YOU STARTED – Always remember the goal. Remember why you started and then get back on track. Write down your long and short term goals for this healthy lifestyle journey and revisit them periodically to keep yourself encouraged.
I hope this post helps all of my health seekers and fitness fanatics out there! Please comment and share, I love to hear your thoughts. If you would like to reach me directly, please refer to the “contact” tab on the home page.
Yours in health,